1. The Aklan State University intends to apply the sum of Eight Hundred Seventy Three Thousand One Hundred Seven and 13/100 Pesos (₱873,107.13) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for the Procurement of Office Supplies and Other Supplies and Materials (4th Quarter, FY 2017) sourced from the General Appropriations Act FY 2017 (₱564,529.78) and Special Trust Fund (₱308.577.35). Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
2. The Aklan State University now invites bids for the Procurement of Office Supplies and Other Supplies and Materials (4th Quarter, FY 2017). Delivery of the Goods is required Thirty (30) days. Bidders should have completed, within two years from the date of submission and receipt of bids, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
3. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the 2016 Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines, and to citizens or organizations of a country the laws or regulations of which grant similar rights or privileges to Filipino citizens, pursuant to RA 5183.
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from Aklan State University and inspect the Bidding Documents from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested Bidders on September 26, 2017 from the address above and upon payment of a non- refundable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB, in the amount of One Thousand Pesos (Php1,000.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of the Procuring Entity, provided that Bidders shall pay the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
5. The Aklan State University will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on at October 4, 2017 at 9:00 A.M. at the ASU Cafeteria - Lanai Room, Banga, Aklan, which shall be open to prospective bidders.
6. Bids must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat at the ASU Cafeteria - Lanai Room, Banga, Aklan on or before October 16, 2017 at 9:00 AM. All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 18.
7. Bid opening shall be on October 16, 2017 at 10:00 A.M. at the ASU Cafeteria - Lanai Room, Banga, Aklan. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below. Late bids shall not be accepted.
8. The Aklan State University reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
9. For further information, please refer to:
Teresita B. Naculangga
Head, BAC Secretariat
Aklan State University
Telefax: (036) 267-7240
(Sgd.) CECILIA T. REYES, PhD